Ada County Highway District
Right-of-Way Appraisal Reviewer
Applications are now being accepted for a Right-of-Way Appraisal Reviewer in the Right-of-Way division. This is an exempt-level position and the starting wage is $63,440 - $76,107 annually/DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package.
- The Right-of-Way Appraisal Reviewer performs in a lead role and handles the complex issues relating to appraisals and Estimates of Value; and right-of-way acquisition. May also assist in the monitoring and oversight of right-of-way consultants, particularly appraisal and relocation consultants. This position may require some evening and / or weekend work.
- The Right-of-Way Appraisal Reviewer may oversee the work of other division staff and direct the work of support staff; assists the division supervisor in reviewing various right of way activities and documents for compliance.
- The successful candidate must have considerable knowledge of Property appraisal and appraisal review theory, principles and practices, including the Yellow Book, USPAP and MAI standards; negotiation policies, procedures, and techniques; property appraisal theory, principles and practices; real estate law; federal, state and county real property acquisition and relocation assistance policies and procedures; title examination procedures; and principles of property management; and ACHD right of way policies and practices.
- Must be a certified General Appraiser, preferably with a MAI designation and a minimum of 4-years of real estate appraisal experience coupled with prior experience in right-of-way and property acquisition.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; including course work in real estate law, appraisal, negotiation, engineering communications and real estate principles, or other real estate acquisition courses by accredited institutions. SRWA or an active Idaho Real estate License is desirable. Must have a valid Idaho Driver’s license. OR any equivalent combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities, is acceptable.
A completed ACHD application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources no later than 4:30 p.m., February 6, 2020. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or visit our website at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations
EMPLOYMENT NEWS FOR FEBRUARY 17, 2020
Published on 7/1/18
Published on 7/1/18