PANTRY/THRIFT STORE AIDE
Crossroads Urban Center, a private, nonprofit agency, employs a Pantry/Thrift Store Aide to work with other staff and volunteers in our Food Pantries and free/low cost Thrift Store. This position is directly responsible to the Westside Pantry Manager and is also supervised by the Thrift Store Manager and Emergency Services Director as needed.
- Knowledge of general procedures in an emergency food pantry and/or thrift store and experience working in this type of environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (50 pound boxes).
- Ability to take direction and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability and experience working with low income and homeless people.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Fluent Spanish speaker preferred.
- Work in the emergency food pantries as needed stocking, bagging groceries, picking up food donations, and conducting intake interviews.
- Work in the Thrift Store as needed stocking shelves and racks, keeping the sales area clean and straightened up, and sorting and receiving donations.
- Help maintain electronic client database.
- Unload trucks and assist donors contributing food and other donations.
- Greet visitors, manage waiting room traffic, and answer phone calls.
- Dispense basic information and referrals as appropriate.
- Photocopying and light clerical duties.
- Routine maintenance/clean-up of building as needed.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Emergency Services Director, the Westside Pantry Director, or the Thrift Store Manager.
WAGE & BENEFITS: Part-time, hourly position. Pro-rated health benefits, vacation and sick leave. This is a permanent position.
TO APPLY: Resume by 12 noon on September 8th to Glenn Bailey, Crossroads Urban Center, 347 S. 400 East, SLC, 84111, email@example.com.
Crossroads Urban Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer