Home Builders Institute
HBI is currently seeking an Electrical Instructor for its program in Clearfield, Utah.
As an electrical wiring instructor, you will demonstrate—through hands-on training and classroom instruction—proper technique, safety, and detail which are essential skills of polished trades professionals. Specific duties are as follows:
- Provide classroom and hands-on training in a 15-week, triannual program to young adults in order for them to acquire an HBI Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Coordinate and supervise community-based or work-based learning projects.
- Demonstrate HBI's core values of excellence, safety, integrity, and service to empower and prepare students to enter their careers as electrical pre-apprentices.
- Assist the placement team with tasks related to resume writing, job searches, job placements, and more.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least five years of experience in the electrical wiring trade needed.
- Must have basic computer skills, including some experience with database and MS Office
- Strong coaching skills and the determination to teach, inspire, and lead future trades professionals are essential.
- A strong orientation to safety in the workplace is a must.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
To apply, visit www.HBI.org